Accessible Version
Kunkle and Sennett Logo

My boss has been harassing me. What should I do?

First, you must look at your employer’s policy manual or employee handbook to determine if it has a policy prohibiting harassment and, if so, whether that policy includes a procedure for lodging complaints about harassment. If the policy includes such a procedure, you must comply with it, unless the procedure designates only the person harassing you as the person to bring your complaint to.

Importance of Documentation

Apart from this, you should document all incidents of harassment and communicate your request that the harassment end to both your boss and your human resources representative, both verbally and in a confirming writing (e-mail is fine).

By doing this, you provide yourself with legal protection against retaliation by your employer for raising the complaint of harassment and preserve your right to make a claim in court if the harassment continues.

Contact Our West Chester Law Firm

Have you been experiencing harassment at work? Please contact our West Chester, PA law firm to speak to one of our experienced attorneys. 

If you have difficulty using our website, please email us or call us at (610) 692-8911
View the ADA Accessibility Statement

Rather than trying to find an answer to your legal problem scrolling through web pages on the internet, the fastest way to a solution is to send us an email or give us a call.

While no attorney - client relationship is established by these communications, we keep all your information confidential and will not share your information without your permission.