Welcome to Our West Chester Law Firm
At Kunkle and Sennett, we know that navigating the legal system can be daunting. But it’s also something that you often cannot put off. More importantly, experienced, contextual legal advice is critically necessary to help you optimize your opportunity, whether to obtain the best employment terms, avoid a contractual provision that could limit your opportunity years in the future, or know your rights with respect to any legal situation arising out of your employment, your long-term disability, or your work-related injury.
Our firm invites you to come to us with any questions you might have regarding these issues. We believe having strong legal counsel in place can help reduce much of the anxiety associated with whatever situation you might be dealing with. Legal disputes can generate stress for anyone, and it also is invaluable to your taking advantage of all available opportunities and avoiding all lurking pitfalls. We will take the time to make sure you understand your situation, in both legal and practical terms, and help you understand and decide on the most effective course of action.
To West Chester, PA attorneys Steve Kunkle and Tom Sennett, practicing the law is not just a profession; it’s a mission. They have been in partnership since January 1, 2000, in their current offices located in Chester County. They handle cases all over the Delaware Valley. They each have worked as attorneys since 1982, each beginning in quite large law firms, and then branching out to service their own clients. They know there is no substitute for personal service, and they pride themselves in providing value along with a sense of composure to your legal situation.
We look forward to serving you. Call us today!
We Are Here to Help
We have handled many matters concerning employees, including:
- Discrimination, sexual harassment, and whistleblower claims
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Employee benefits matters, including severance, change-in-control benefits, retention bonuses, incentive compensation plans, disability, life, health, and pension and other retirement savings or deferred compensation plans
- Employment contracts, including noncompete and nonsolicitation provisions
- ERISA-related matters as well as those that do not fall under the ERISA umbrella
- FMLA violations
- Long-term disability and other insured benefits
- Change-in-control and other severance benefits; retention bonus plans
- Unemployment compensation matters (generally for clients with other wrongful termination or discrimination claims)
- Misclassification by employers to avoid overtime liability or coverage for other benefits such as health insurance
We also work with employers in such areas as:
- Employment agreements
- Severance negotiations and severance agreements
- Hostile working environment claims and harassment investigations
- Employee handbook drafting and review, and policy and procedure violations
- Statutory violations
- Defense of Unemployment compensation claims
- Department of Labor audits regarding minimum wage or overtime payment
- Human resources consulting as outside employment law counsel
The above lists provide a general overview, but with our partners’ nearly 70 years of combined legal experience, it is necessarily incomplete. Disputes regarding employment, from the standpoint of either the employee or the employer, are challenging—and they can be particularly stressful and harmful to your life and to your business. Every client can depend on Kunkle and Sennett to provide the professionalism and attention to detail their case deserves.