Accessible Version
Kunkle and Sennett Logo

Who chooses the medical care for my workers’ compensation case?

Employers are supposed to post a list of approved medical providers (a “panel”) at your workplace so that you consult with one of these providers in the event you are injured at work. The employer is supposed to have the employee sign a notice form acknowledging that the employee knows about the panel providers.

Many employers fail to provide this list and also fail to provide the employee with the notice form to sign. Often the workers’ compensation carrier will send the notice form to the injured worker after the injury has been reported and will still insist that you treat with a member of their approved panel or face the possibility that the carrier will refuse to pay medical bills from an unapproved medical provider.

Contact Our West Chester Law Firm

This restriction is in place for the first 90 days after your injury. After 90 days, you may seek treatment with whatever provider you choose. Please remember, your health is more important than anything, and if you have questions, please call us so we can help protect your well-being.

If you have difficulty using our website, please email us or call us at (610) 692-8911
View the ADA Accessibility Statement

Rather than trying to find an answer to your legal problem scrolling through web pages on the internet, the fastest way to a solution is to send us an email or give us a call.

While no attorney - client relationship is established by these communications, we keep all your information confidential and will not share your information without your permission.