Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Navigating legal matters can be complicated, and at Kunkle and Sennett, we expect that you will have questions. We have gathered some of our most frequently asked questions here. If you have other questions, please check the services tab for a list of the types of legal cases we take on. We also welcome you to contact us directly.
- Do you charge a fee for an initial meeting?
- How much is my workers’ compensation case worth for settlement?
- I am being asked to sign a noncompete or a nonsolicitation agreement. Do I have to?
- I can’t work and I feel like I am letting down my family and even my employer. What should I do?
- I got hurt at work. What do I do first?
- I have developed a medical condition and need to make a claim for long-term disability coverage provided through my employer? Can’t I do that on my own?
- I think that I am not being paid properly for overtime. What should I do?
- My boss has been harassing me. What should I do?
- My boss is asking me to meet him [or her] outside of the workplace for work tasks, and that makes me very uncomfortable. What should I do?
- My employer just fired me, and I am [over 40 years old, a woman, a man, black, white, disabled]. Isn’t that illegal?
- One of our employees has posted negative commentary about his working conditions on social media. Can we discipline her/him for that?
- The insurance company sent me forms to sign. Should I sign them?
- Who chooses the medical care for my workers’ compensation case?